Sunday, April 3, 2011

Microsoft Visio

I was looking on the internet for the software that everyone uses to create the Cisco lab diagrams. After reading through a few forums I was led to believe that the most popular software tool for this is Microsoft Visio.

Visio is a tool for creating diagrams of all types. Drawing network diagrams is one of Visio's many uses.

I visited the official Visio website in search of a free trial. After registering and logging in, I was left to choose between a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Visio.

Because I have a 64-bit machine I chose the matching version. It took about twenty minutes to download Visio. I started the installer, and it gave me an error. Apparently my Microsoft Office Suite is 32-bit and even though my computer is 64-bit, Visio relies on the Office runtimes.

I need to download the 32-bit version of Visio. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I hope to download it and begin to familiarize myself with the software soon.

Expect some new diagrams in future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment