Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Studying for the CCENT/CCNA Together

I have not taken the ICND1 exam as of today although I am currently continuing my Cisco education by moving on to the ICND2 material.

I am using Wendell Odom's books:

CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Certification Guide as well as
CCNA ICND2 Official Certification Guide to learn the material.

I am using my lab extensively to practice everything from basic routing and switching to VLAN trunking and STP configuration.

Reading the second book has helped me with the ICND1 material a lot because it gave me a better understanding of many things the ICND1 just touches upon.

I plan on going the two-test route; First the ICND1 and then the ICND2.

The other method is to take the CCNA exam which includes all material from the ICND1 and ICND2.

Taking this route will allow me to be familiar with the testing centers and have a feel for the types of questions Cisco asks.

It will also split the CCNA material into two parts allowing me to study for each in more depth.

I have taken practice tests but I still have to study a little more.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment